Monday 23 April 2018

Collaborations - a step further

I finally made up my mind to start marketing my project beyond the internet so I started looking for like-minded people to help me make Culture Crossroads greater.

University Dimitrie Cantemir, Bucharest, Romania (March 2018)
Conference - „Culture of Peace and Sustainable Development Education in the Pre-school and Primary School” co organized by the Romanian National Commision for UNESCO

At this conference I was invited as a speaker and I naturally chose the world heritage panel. The topic of my paper was Cultural heritage as a tourism booster and it was closely connected to my project so I took the opportunity to share ideas and insights as well as get some new connections and look for opportunities for future collaboration.

The conference brochure
I was honoured to be given the word and to have the opportunity for discussion with students, all very passionate on the same topic.
Me at the conference at the end of my 2-hour lecture on the cultural heritage of the Balkans and how to market it in such a way so as to promote the tourism on the Balkans. 

Sofia University Saint Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria (April 2018)
Conference -  'Science, technology and humanities: interdisciplinary perspectives'
This was a student conference at the Philosophical faculty of the university. I presented my ideas for changing the status quo of Bulgarian museums drawing on good practices in the field. The topic of my paper was 'The interdisciplinary approach as means of attracting more people to museums' and I also managed to talk about Culture Crossroads attracting more audience to it.

In March 2018 I became a member of  The Changemakers alliance, which is a global network of young and passionate people aiming at changing the world. I became a member because of Culture Crossroads and the rest of the community promised support (I will need a hand in reaching out to more people and in marketing). 

More information can be found on their website:

I also applied for another international organization that unites people from all over the world but I am still waiting for them to respond with information about my application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guardian of the past

Or what happens when you decide to edit an archive shot with the idea of showing that you are a better editor than your pervious...