Friday 24 August 2018

WIP development - changing angles

The first images I produced after I got inspired from Irving Penn's style looked like this: 


They were all taken right from above and the composition was quite tight. When I showed them at a webinar, I was told that much more can be done in terms of experimentation. Some peers also observed that the angle makes those images look too similar to one another and advised me to try and add some height to the composition - which, in all cases, looked too 'flat'.




Hence, I discarded the backdrop and went for another - that was much more flexible - coloured paper. It enabled me to take images from different angles and provided some negative space in the composition so that it can 'breathe'.  It alos helped me add some height in the composition as it was bigger (see below): 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guardian of the past

Or what happens when you decide to edit an archive shot with the idea of showing that you are a better editor than your pervious...