Friday 24 August 2018

Project development - using all opportunities to create imagery - a trip to Macedonia

A few weeks ago, at the end of July, I got admitted to a conference in Macedonia. The conference was for students of Classics but me studying Cultural Studies made it possible for me to participate. It was to be held in Skopje and since I had never been there, took the opportunity to add more images to include Macedonia in my project. Hence, I took the photo bag with me and spent most of the free time I had roaming the streets of the Macedonian capital, documenting the grand construction sites around the Vardar river. 

My presentation was about the influence Latin had on the development of English - quite a huge topic for a short presentation but things worked out very well. Here is a pic of me presenting and the other one was the memo picture we took at the end of the conference (I am kneeling in the front row). 



Skopje turned out to be an amazing town for photography - new buildings, beautiful river and diverse locations to choose from. Here are some of the amazing places one can see - the one being one of those new buildings along the river bank and the other - the city fortress which towers above Skopje. 


I managed to learn quite a few things about the Macedonians and their capital (which are to be published in a travelogue soon) and I definitely plan on returning to Macedonia at a later stage of the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guardian of the past

Or what happens when you decide to edit an archive shot with the idea of showing that you are a better editor than your pervious...