Saturday 27 April 2019

FMP - final - promotion of the exhibition

Promoting the exhibition was one of the crucial things I needed to do before I actually opened and my main medium for that were the social networks. I decided to spend 0 money on advertising whatsoever since if anyone wanted to come, they will surely find a way. Plus, even if I had the money for leaflets etc, this would not necessarily equal more visitors. 

Hence, I decided to rally friends and friends of friends via Facebook (easy enough a task since I have around 1400 followers on my photo page around that much friends on my personal profile). That, combined with the multiple shares of friends and colleagues led to a fairly good totally organic reach (see the screen grab below). 


The main target for the exhibition was the Bulgarian audience, particularly the residents of Sofia who would mainly be able to come. Hence, the event text is in Bulgarian only (I was counting to Facebook's "auto translate" function for foreign followers). The event is on the following link :) 


As Facebook did not allow me to do a one month event (for some reason, the maximum duration is only 2 weeks), I will need to do a second event once those two weeks are over (or edit the current one, if possible).

I have prepared teaser images and two teaser videos for the exhibition as well. They are to be uploaded on my YouTube channel, Instagram accounts and multiple pages to attract more audience.  One of them (which launched with the sole purpose of attracting visitors) can be seen below: 



Throughout the month I will keep sharing some interesting things and teaser images in the hope of engaging more people.

For those who go to the exhibition, I prepared a website (it can be accessed from the event OR from the QR codes on each exhibition pane). Unlike the event, the site is in English only, aimed mainly at the foreign visitors who may not know what they are seeing. I am assuming that the Bulgarian audience is in the know what these landmarks are and has a vague idea of how this place has developed.

The website can be found here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guardian of the past

Or what happens when you decide to edit an archive shot with the idea of showing that you are a better editor than your pervious...