Thursday 2 May 2019

FMP - final - the exhibition - some thoughts

For the sake of the exhibition, I used the small café of a friend of mine for the exhibition venue. It is a small cosy place that is to be opened in a week. The panes were hanged along the walls and created a really nice feeling of “being at home” since there is some furniture in the place. Overall, I am pleased with the display (how the images look like when displayed) and I aimed not to show the way the images are suspended (hence the colourless cord used to hang them). 


The event of the exhibition, with the address and the images of it are available online (the event is still ongoing, you can access it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/336460533917160/ ) received a really good reach due to help from colleagues and friends. The friend who owns the place also agreed to do the catering for the venue and to let me use her place as a gallery for as long as I want – hence the exhibition will be on display by the end of May. She even asked if I can leave it even later as it goes well with the interior of the place (it has no wall art so fat and there are too many walls that need covering). 

An image with some of the interior and some of my panes

The size of the panes was discussed with the owner before I ordered the prints so that they do not look too big or ridiculous (the place is a small one so big panes would simply not do) Hence the images were printed at 40 centimeters by the longer side. Not too small but somewhat enough for people to see and read the text. 

There was also an opening video (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FduVV2n387o and as far as I can see quite a few people have already seen it on my YouTube channel. 

One of the problems about the exhibition was the date – 01 Mat is a bank holiday in Bulgaria and the Orthodox Easter was the previous Sunday so most people had the whole week off and were out of town. Another problem was the location – the place is new and it is not very well geo-tagged so some people got lost on the way to it (I posted a map and directions, just in case). However, it is to be geo-tagged soon so that problem will be eliminated. I expect more people to come after the holidays. 

What I love about it is that allowed me to collaborate with a dear friend of mine and to be part of her dream (to have her own restaurant). Besides, when the place opens, my exhibition will have a second opening and will get a lot of media attention (since my friend is an influencer and a young entrepreneur). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guardian of the past

Or what happens when you decide to edit an archive shot with the idea of showing that you are a better editor than your pervious...